Friday, January 29, 2010

Tales from the Pole

If all of your friends jump off a bridge, will you do it too?

Apparently! Because I have decided to start a blog!! I can't promise I'll post something every day but I also can't promise that I won't.

I have named my blog: As the World Twirls - Confessions of a Twirly Girl. My main topic will, of course, be about my new fitness endeavor, pole dancing! However, I'm sure other aspects of my life will creep in.

I was inspired by my recent interview with iPole.

http://thatshowipole.blogspot.com/2010/01/meet-lori-myers.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thatshowipole+%28iPole%29&utm_content=Yahoo!+Mail

I enjoy writing. It helps me blow off steam, so why not join the cyber world of blogging?

I am new to the pole dancing/fitness world. I have a lot to learn. It will be fun to share my experiences along the way. Any questions are welcome. Constructive criticism is also welcome, however, I am going to employ the same philosophy on my blog as I do on my Facebook page. If you don't like what I'm saying, then don't read it. I am using pole dancing to get into shape and create a more positive life for myself. So keep your negativity at home. I am inspired everyday by my amazing instructors, Bel and Marilyn, at Twirly Girls Pole Fitness in Pleasanton, California (www.twirlygirlspolefitness.com). I also very much appreciate the friendship and support of Rita, who is taking class with me and is my partner in crime. She very kindly takes photos and edits videos for us each week so we can watch our progress.

Here's a great post from The Pole Story (through Bad Kitty Exotic Wear on Facebook). No reason to re-write a story when its already so well-said here!

http://polestory.blogspot.com/2010/01/pole-dancers-guide-to-anti-poler-part-1.html

I'm excited about my new outlet and look forward to sharing stories, photos and videos about my adventure.

Until next time, keep twirling!!!

1 comment: