Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why do men LOVE long hair?

It seems like every guy I've ever dated LOVES long hair.  I don't think they're the only ones.  Chicks seem to dig the long locks as well.  Long hair seems to be associated with sexiness.  My attitude has always been:  If you don't get up with me in the morning to wash it, dry it, brush it, style it...you don't get an opinion on what my hair looks like.  But I have to confess, *I* love long hair too.  Every time I get sick of taking care of my long hair, I cut it.  And I always regret it.  No matter how cute the cut is, I'm always wishing I had long hair again.  In fact, a little over a year ago, I cut my hair.  And I looked like a soccer mom.  Nothing wrong with soccer moms.  But I don't have kids.  And I don't go to soccer games.

With my new adventures in pole dancing (which includes lots of whipping of the hair), I started wondering why IS long hair considered SO sexy?!  I found some interesting articles.  



In one study published in the research journal Human Nature, researchers found that
women who had originally been rated by a test group as being less attractive were rated
far more highly when shown with a longer hairstyle. The experimenters concluded that
longer hairstyles increase women's attractiveness in part because longer hair helps to
disguise less desirable features. Long hair tends to make the jaw line slimmer and less
prominent and draws attention away from undefined cheekbones. Also, as described by
many men, long hair also contributes to a more feminine and youthful appearance.

This article claims short hair is sexy too, although the stars they mention are a bit dated.   


Is short hair really a boner killer?  (Sorry, the title of this one just made me laugh so I had to include it.)

It's interesting with "stars" like the Jon & Kate Plus Eight mom...first she has short hair and she's the nasty, mean woman from a reality show.  Then she gets extensions and her image is softened and she is suddenly America's sweetheart who was screwed over by her husband (not that I've watched the show, but I've seen clips and I would have dumped her ass if I were him -- she was MEAN).   


Stars like Pamela Anderson are bombshells but Katie Holmes (with her new short 'do) is just a sweet stay at home mommy and beard for Tom Cruise. 

Certainly, I "get" it.  I fall for it too.  Most of the female stars I like have long hair, even though I realize it's probably not their own.  Well whatever, here's a blog for the dudes (and lesbians)...photos of hot chicks to follow (with both long AND short hair).  

Courtesy of www.pamelaandersonpics.net
 
Courtesy of http://assets.gearlive.com/celebrities/
 
Courtesy of www.latimes.com
 
Courtesy of http://long-hairstyle.com
 
 Courtesy of www.thehouseofblog.com

Courtesy of www.diariosandiego.com

Courtesy of www.celebgossipz.com
 
Oh yeah...and here's me...with short hair and with long(er) hair.  Still working on growing it out.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I have always been a fan of the shorter hair. I think this stems from the fact that long hair is dead (as are long finger nails) and this grosses me out. If done right, long hair can be very beautiful but I really just can't get past the fact that it's just dead long protein strands. ICK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But short hair is dead protein too! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to meet you! Thank you for your kind words. Your Golden hair is GORGEOUS! It's so nice and bright! You will look beautiful.


    Hair Styles shaved hair styles

    ReplyDelete