Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm a flip-flop girl!

I was going to say "I'm a thong girl," but I figured half of you would think I was making a declaration about my choice in panties. 

I would like to make a bold declaration:  GIVE ME FLIP FLOPS OR GIVE ME DEATH!  It takes a pretty cold, stormy day to get me out of my flip flops.  I get to wear casual clothes to work so, 9-10 months out of the year, I'm pretty much in flip flops every single day. 

For the last couple of years, I've been wearing the FitFlop.  I didn't buy them for their calf-building claims.  I really just liked that they had a weird strap so I didn't have a painful piece of leather between my toes.  Plus, I liked that they weren't anything like the dollar flip flops that everyone else is wearing.  They actually have some meat to them so they won't fall apart after a week.  Don't get me wrong -- I don't have anything against dollar flip flops -- I just know they aren't going to be able to keep up with my crazy life.

Recently, my friend's store got in the Spenco Total Support Sandal.  I picked up a pair a week or so ago, totally prepared to not be willing to give up my FitFlop.  I have to say that I LOVE THEM.  The thing I disliked about the FitFlop is how weird the strap looked (I think the design had something to do with causing you to grip the shoe with your foot in a different way, thereby causing your calf to get a workout).  So, the Spenco flip flop looks like a regular flip flop but it has better support than a dollar flip flop (and it doesn't rub in between my toes).

I got these right before Rob and I took our trip to Paso Robles.  So I wore them all over the Mid-State Fair.  On concrete.  In the dirt.  No blisters or sore feet!

I'm housesitting this week and was super bummed when I noticed that one of my new flip flops was missing.  I knew one of those black labs had snuck into my room and stolen my new shoe.  I went on the hunt and found it in the front room.  They had gnawed on it a bit but it survived!  One point for the Spenco!

Anyway, as everyone knows, I only talk about services and items I truly support myself.  So I thought I would pass along the info about my new flip flops.  :-)  This pair is in black but I'm totally going back for a pair in pink!!

http://www.spenco.com/sandal_1.shtml

You can contact the local store directly to order and they'll ship them to you for free!

Quenvold's Safety Shoes
886 Howe Road
Martinez, CA 94553
M-F 8:30-5:30pm
925-370-9255

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the Spenco's, but I have always had a couple problems with flip flops. (1)- they usually dig in between my toes, and after a while becomes painful, (2) they only last about a month, (3) my lower back KILLS after walking around for any extended period of time. I found a brand called Okabashi at my local drug store, and they had an endorsement from the American Chiropractic Association, so I figured for $15, it was worth a shot. I have to say, they've lasted almost two years, and I still have none of the issues that other ones have given me. And they're made in the USA, which is always a huge side benefit to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool! I think I've seen those before. The ones I just found online have dots on them and my feet are tough...except when my flip flops have dots. I don't know why. It rubs them raw. :-/ Are yours smooth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am either barefoot or in (slippas) as we call em in Hawaii....unfortunately my feet have spread out so much these little puppies can't fit in any of my cutie shoes....Can someone please contact Carlos Santana and have him make some cute strappy sexy shoes for chubbs....yes...the chubby foot....hence...troll....fred flinstone feet....help ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have little bumps I would say could be describes as 'dots', or like pressure points, in strategic places on the flip flop. I don't wear them all day every day like you might, but they haven't worn down like I thought they should have by this point. Since I wore out my Chuck's, and haven't replaced them, these have been my go-to around the house footwear.

    ReplyDelete