Monday, January 24, 2011

The takeover has begun...get branded

lolorashel THE brand...Brand Yourself!  It's out there.  My re-branding has begun.  World domination.  Building my evil empire (VERY tiring work, by the way).  Whatever you want to call it.  I picked up my own domain:  www.lolorashel.com.  We have designed a few shirts:  https://sites.google.com/site/lolorashel/home/buy-stuff.  We have started a Facebook page:  http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lolorashel/187874267907041/. 

What is my re-branding all about anyway?  I mean, when I first started the idea, I was mostly playing around...being silly.  I needed a positive outlet because I had been feeling super grumpy lately.  But when my friend, Heather, said it made her realize that she was ready to re-brand herself, it made *me* realize it could mean a lot of things.  

Lately, I have felt like I am stuck in a rut.  Unhappy at home.  Unhappy at work.  I hate my body.  I feel poor.  Hate being on meds.  Hate being off of them.  So, for me, re-branding is less about creating a clothing line or some product to sell, and more about re-packaging my life to present back to myself as a gift.  I don't have a bad life.  I have a caring boyfriend, a home to live in, a car to drive, a job with a decent salary.  I have amazing friends and family.  I have a healthy (although somewhat beat-up) body which allows me to go to the gym and have fun at Twirly Girls. 

For Heather, re-branding may mean something completely different.  I know she has been unemployed for some time and may be looking to get a job, or into a new field, or maybe even go back to school to change up her life completely.  Her outlook on life isn't bleak...she has the entire world in front of her and she can do WHATEVER she wants.  How amazing is that feeling?  

Yesterday, I spent a few hours at Twirly Girls.  First at Kenzy's lapdance workshop, then with Jimmy, Miguel, Michael and Rita in a taster class.  I was prancing around in a pink tu-tu and thigh high boots that have probably an eight inch heel.  I pulled off a couple of handstands.  A handstand...I mean, how long ago was it that I was just stoked to do a headstand?  And now I'm kicking up into a handstand?  WITH boots on?  

I am trying to be more positive and appreciative of my life on a daily basis.  So, that's what my re-branding is about.  I know that a lot of my friends are in bad situations with their homes or jobs, so I encourage everyone to join me in a re-branding and commit to reminding yourself every single day of one positive thing.  

I e-mail myself every morning with my list of things I am grateful for.  And today I am grateful for my friends and the outlet I have through this blog and Facebook.  Thank you to everyone who takes time of their day to read my rantings and musings.  :-)


4 comments:

  1. Lori, don't ever forget how fabulous you are!!! Everyday I see your posts, we joke about things, I've learned that you are an amazing person, strong woman, AND FREAKING HILARIOUS!!! We grow up in a world where we are not supposed to give ourselves credit for doing a good job, but we truly need strong women in our lives, like you, that remind us we can be who we are and should be proud of that!
    Keep on with your own searches for who you are and who you want to be, I think those of us that are constantly re-vamping ourselves are the ones that are gonna be ok in the long run!!!
    Twirl on sista!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! It's the fun stuff that keeps us all going in rough times, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your latest post ;) And thanks for mentioning me! Hehe. For me my re-branding is mostly about #1: Getting my exterior to match my interior (if that makes sense) #2 Re-sparking & refreshing the bond I have with the love of my life. #3 Finding something to be excited about everyday & to manifest that excitement into long-term future plans.

    These may seem like very simple goals, but when your life has been stagnent for the past year, your mind starts to play tricks on you, making everything seem harder than it is. I believe everyone has these goals; to basically BE HAPPY! It's just that time of year again when everything seems to have slowed down and everything is boring! LOL.

    So, I have lit the fire under my ass once again and the re-branding is going "smoothly" I would say ;) We all need to stick together & try to motivate each other as best we can. Lori - you are GREAT at motivating people :) Thanks again for all your help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautiful inside and out. And you deserve happiness. Thank you for taking this journey with me!!

    ReplyDelete