Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My new addiction

I've found a new calling in life:  FUNDRAISING!

The re-branding is going well.  I am having a great time trying to raise money for the National Kidney Foundation, the AIDS/LifeCycle ride and AIDS Walk San Francisco.  I am also going to give as much help as I can to Jess for her Relay for Life Walnut Creek walk. 

I have an addictive personality and have generally used food or shopping to make me "happy."  Well, for the first time in my life, I have both somewhat under control.  The shopping is probably 95% under control.  The food is probably 85% under control.  That's actually really good for me.  I say this as I sit here typing and popping Jolly Rancher jelly beans into my mouth.  Must.  Throw.  Away.  Ugh.

Anyway, I really feel like having something to keep me excited and hold my attention is keeping me from falling back into bad habits for now.  I am a very social person and I usually have "events" going every day of the week.  Although I am trying to be better about spending more time at home with Rob, I also feel like if I am going to be social and out of the house, at least I can be productive at the same time.

So, if you have a good cause you'd like some help with, let me know! 

And just for fun, here's a photo from the shoot Andrew did at the studio recently. 

5 comments:

  1. I love how you explain this! How you are 'replacing' negative addictions with 'positive' ones!! What a great way to Re-Brand!! And you're so great at fundraising & event planning ;) Totally your calling my sister Rhino <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely trying!! Although, why can't I be addicted to exercise?! Or celery? LAME!
    LOL!

    HAHAHAHAHA!! Sister Rhino! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhinoceros is a solitary animal and teaches how to be comfortable within yourself.
    Rhino is the embodiment of the axiom: "Know thyself!"

    Since Rhino is an ancient animals, it often gives it totem people
    insight into their own past lives.
    ...Meditating on Rhino can often result in unlocking those memories.
    Often how you see your Rhino gives insight into that past life.
    Two horned Rhinos come from Africa while one horned Rhinos are from Asia.

    People with a Rhino totem have a heightened sense of smell.
    The sense of smell is symbolic of higher discrimination, spiritual idealism
    and higher wisdom and Rhino gives all of these to their totem people.
    Trust your inner wisdom.
    Don’t look at appearance only – go beyond and trust your internal senses.

    Rhino will help you see the wisdom in your life.
    It has a solidity that will help you put your life in its proper perspective.

    Animal Totem
    (New Age Crap)

    http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/rhinoceros.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori you totally missed your calling...Event planner...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can re-brand into that eventually too!! :-D

    ReplyDelete