Friday, April 8, 2011

Episode 35 of the lolorashel show

So, as Season Six of my life begins this year....Episode 35...it makes me think about all of the decisions I've made in my life and how it led me to where I am today.  I've made some stupid decisions in my life and everything hasn't been perfect, but I'm clearly not suffering either.  I am in a good relationship, make decent money, have a nice place to live, drive a newer truck.  I get to have a housekeeper and go to Twirly Girls.  I was lucky enough to have a dad that was able to help me pay for my reconstructive surgeries after losing so much weight.  I have a job when a lot of people are out of work -- and I even get to wear flip flops, jeans and play with a puppy while I'm there.  What do I have to complain about?

Plenty.

Because I'm clearly crazy.

A new season begins in August though, so even though I've already started my re-branding, it's time to think about what I really want out of life.  I've never cared much about having kids or getting married.  Hopefully I didn't make the wrong decision there because the door is quickly closing on the having kids part.  So what DO I want to get out of life?  I feel a lot better lately now that I've been helping people with fundraising for their various charities.  I started the gastric bypass Facebook group to, hopefully, inspire people (including myself) to be more successful weight loss surgery patients. 

This happened to me at age 25 too -- SO depressed.  I was upset that I still said "like" and "whatever."  Grown-ups didn't say those words.  Ten years later I STILL say "like" and "whatever."  Maybe I haven't grown up.  Maybe that is grown up for me.  I don't know.  It's funny because people usually say the "big" birthdays, like 30, 40, 50...make people depressed.  For me, it's the half-decade birthdays I guess.  I'm about to turn 35 and what do I have to show for it?  I'm in a condo when I want to be in a house.  I've been in my field for 18 years and am facing another 30 plus years before retirement (if I'm lucky). 

I think I'm just tired.  And when I'm tired, I have a downer attitude.  I have a few more months before I actually turn 35, so I am trying to work on my attitude.  I'm working on eating better, working out consistently...looking forward to the sun coming out (maybe I have SAD during the winter??)...looking forward to the second half of my life being a hundred times better than the first half!

So here's to Episode 35 being one of the best years of my life!  I am looking forward to it.

Check out the episode guide here:

https://sites.google.com/site/lolorashel/home/the-lolorashel-show

3 comments:

  1. Growing up is overrated. Never grow up! (Just be responsible and pay your bills on time;-)
    You are perfect, just the way you are lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carpe Diem. Really. Go and do the things you're afraid of doing. You only get one shot at life. There are no "Do-overs".

    wv:reards- "Wow look at the reards on her !!"

    ReplyDelete