Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tell me what to do!

I was sitting in our gastric bypass support group last night and some of us were talking about struggling with recent weight gain.  It seems like once you're past 18 months to 2 years out, it's something most people struggle with again.  And it hit me.  It shouldn't have had to hit me because it was something I already knew, but it was something I needed to acknowledge and own. 

I have so many people offering me great advice about diet and exercise.  And I always have an excuse about why this or that won't work for me.  It's like I want everyone to tell me what to do...but I keep knocking down their ideas until I get to the person who tells me I can eat ice cream and pizza every day, not move from the couch, and still lose weight.  I need to get off my lazy ass and do SOMETHING. 

I'm only half-assing the exercise and food.  Sure, I am super active and I eat decently.  But I could be MORE active, or at least make the time I'm spending in the gym count.  And I could cut A LOT of crap out of my diet.  I can make all of the excuses in the world but my tight pants don't lie.

I need to put on my big girl panties and start flying right.  This means actually watching every single ounce of food I put in my mouth and going all out at the gym at least 5 days a week (preferably six), sometimes twice a day.  When I lost weight before, that's how I did it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment