Wednesday, August 31, 2011

An epic season opener

So today, my season six begins.  Episode 35.  Yes.  Today I turned 35 years old.  I don't feel any different.  I still didn't want to wake up this morning -- all happily snuggled in my bed.  So maybe the opening of season six wasn't as epic as I thought it would be.  The world didn't end.  I still have all of my hair (kind of).  I'm still the same weight.  I have my job.  My boyfriend.  My house.  Cats.  Truck.  Check.  Check.  Check.  Everything's here and still the same.  

Sure, I hoped to be a "grown up" by now.  Working some high powered job with a house, husband and kids maybe?  No debt.  Expensive cars.  Ridiculous vacations.  Blah.  Blah.  Blah.  Last time I checked...most people are saddled with debt and some people don't even have a house to live in.  I guess I should be happy for the life I have because it is definitely not a bad one. 


Happy birthday to me.  Thanks, mom, for being in labor for 26 hours and pushing me out 35 years ago...even though at breakfast today, you thought it was 36.  :-D  I love you anyway but that's what you get for lying about your own age.  :-P

I was playing around with a new app on my phone.  So, now you get to enjoy a little slide show of the last 7 episodes (season five) of my life (in no particular order).






















And here's what 35 looks like today, on my actual birthday.  I had a yummy breakfast with my mom.  I'm going to get pedicures and have an awesome steak dinner with my man.  Life isn't so bad, I guess.  :-)  (Ummm...does my forehead look huge to you?!  Because it looks gigantic to me!!!  ...It will never end...  lol!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Happiest Birthday!!! Just remember, being "normal" is over rated... And my mom says "Normal is just a setting on the drier."
    Yeah, I'm one of those that picks up the tid-bits from mom and actually follow the advise... Shhhh, don't tell HER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Heidi!!! And thank you for turning me on to my seasons. ;-) I am definitely ok not being normal and I won't tell your mom. lol!!!

    ReplyDelete