Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The lost art of bartering

Times are tough.  The economy sucks and I know my own pile of fun money has been a lot smaller lately.  Why don't people barter anymore?  Way back when, that was the way people paid for everything.  Trade goods or services to get what you need. 

I know we need money to get most of our necessities:  food, shelter, gas.  But what about bartering for the fun stuff that you can't afford to do?  I know I've made some deals in the last year that have allowed me to get out of the house and have some fun with very little spending money. 

You might think you don't have any skills that people could use, but you never know.  Even if you just trade babysitting dates with a friend so you and the significant other can get out of the house together, why not do that?  That's bartering.  No money changes hands, yet you both get something you might very much need! 

Have you bartered lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment