Wednesday, August 17, 2011

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!

I saw some pictures from last week -- I'm just in the background.  Yup.  I'm not just chunky.  I'm fat again.

It's like the universe enjoys Fat Lori. 

Last night, I got in bed at 8:30 p.m.  I was all mentally prepared to get up at the ridiculous hour of 4:45 a.m. to go to spin (cycle) before 5:30.  I happen to check Facebook from my phone and a friend posted on my wall that she had heard our gym closed.  That can't be possible.  There are a flurry of texts.  Yes, it's true.  Bally Pleasant Hill is no more.  Effective immediately.  Their e-mail today said their landlord only gave them one day's notice, however they conveniently had trucks out there collecting their things this morning.  So I don't know that I believe them.  They are "graciously" upgrading everyone's memberships so they can go to the Danville gym.  Yeah, I'm not driving that far to workout in the mornings.

I am so sad.  I've been a member there for ten years.  I am furious.  How dare they?!  I am also grateful for Jessica mentioning it.  I would have been super pissed if I got to the gym that early and no one was there!

Now what?

I have a Groupon for Forma gym in Walnut Creek.  That should hold me over for at least a couple of months.  Then I have one month unlimited at the Bar Method.  Then I'm not sure.  I may just keep picking up Groupons and jumping around until I figure things out.  Rob wants to join 24 Hour but I haven't decided yet.  AJ called Renaissance Club Sport, which is right by my house.  It's a super fancy gym.  It's $130 a month.  Yeah...not an option.  Maybe after that I'll finally get in somewhere and start taking pilates reformer classes.

I'm mostly sad because there are some people I don't even know how to get ahold of.  Instructors, fellow members.  I'd see them so often but don't even really know their last names.  I guess I should just be happy I am not one of the employees now out of a job.

Well, if you find this post, fellow Bally members or instructors (especially my yoga instructor, David), please drop me a note!  I'd love to keep in touch and find out where everyone lands. 

Anyway, operation Lose the Lard Ass is still in motion.  This is just a small speed bump and won't stop me!

2 comments:

  1. FYI, I had to finish my Hostess cupcake before I could post this comment... ;)
    First of all, some of think you are amazing and beautiful no matter how much you weigh! You are an inspiration when it comes to feeling good about yourself by being healthy, please don't forget it!!! I've gotten over the fact that I'm a big girl. I've moved on... My focus, to be more healthy. Sure, I will lose weight with that goal, but the weight loss will be the added bonus, not the focus.
    Just try not to tear yourself up along the way!!!
    Sorry to hear about your gym. It does sound rather odd that a landlord gave such short notice, I've never heard of that and doubt it's even possible... Either way, good luck on your gym search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!!!!!! Now *I* want a cupcake. :-P

    Thank you so much. I will always be a big girl...there is no way around that. I'm six feet tall. And even at my "healthy" weight, I'm 200 pounds. But I'm up to 240 pounds and that's uncomfortable for me. I refuse to buy new clothes so I'm walking around all sausage looking. lol!! So I do want to lose those 40 pounds but I'm still a size 14 at 200 pounds. Not small at all! :-D

    As for my gym...they've been in litigation with their landlord for years. When my boss and I were looking at office space three years ago, the agent showing us around told us he expected them to be kicked out back then. It looks like Bally tried to file some documents in court to stay and the judge denied their request. So, it's not really the landlord who gave them short notice. It was their attorney who told them they lost. lol!

    I think I'm ready for a change. My next season starts this month (thank you to you for turning me on to my seasons!!) so maybe this will be good for me. Get out of my comfort zone again and get myself together!! :-D

    ReplyDelete