Friday, November 4, 2011

I still love my flippies

So almost a year and a half ago [http://lolorashel.blogspot.com/2010/07/im-flip-flop-girl.html], I tried out a new brand (new to me) of flip flops (flippies, as I like to call them).  The Spenco Total Support flip flop.  I wear flippies almost every single day of the year.  Even if its raining, I will usually wear them.  So I've been wearing these flippies at least 80% of the time for a year and a half and I just NOW decided it was time for a new pair!

My new passion is supporting local businesses.  Check out my Facebook Group:  I Am One

I don't completely align myself with the "Occupy" movement, but I do recognize a need for change.  The government is corrupt and a lot of corporations are trying hard to kill small businesses so they can control everything.  It's hard to get politicians out of office overnight, so one thing I am doing to support a movement is to ask people to support local businesses.  Owning a small business was once the American Dream and I am hoping that will be what brings our economy back. 

So, I got my new flippies at a local store called Quenvold's Safety Shoes in Martinez, California.  If you are in the area, please check them out!

http://www.quenvolds.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quenvolds-Safety-Shoes/129514210410092

Not bad for being worn almost every day for the last year and a half!


2 comments:

  1. As someone that has worked for a "mom & pop" shop for years (first a small bridal shop in Brentwood, now for my dad's HVAC company) I also try to support local (and small) businesses! I truly believe it's what started this country going and when all else comes crashing down, I hope the "small's" are still around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am down to support local businesses so if you want to put up info, please do!! :-)

    ReplyDelete