Friday, February 3, 2012

Celebrating Black History Month and Pole Dance with Eileen Shoals

Eileen's story: I took my first pole intro class in 2005 at S Factor LA after seeing Teri Hatcher strut her stuff on the Oprah Winfrey show. I was awestruck by the beautiful women using a pole for fitness. Although, my dance background was modern and jazz dance, something about the sensual flow of pole dance spoke to me. I was immediately hooked. At the time, I was ending a long-term relationship so my emotions were all over the place. Pole classes gave me a safe place to express any emotion without judgment. The pole and I developed quite a love affair, where my heart healed and my self-confidence grew. I trained at S Factor in the early stages and then BeSpun Hollywood and The Pole Garage where I met the most lovely women who are not only my friends to this day, but some of the pole world's most notable competitors, instructors and role models. I absolutely love the pole community. I find pole dancers to be so supportive of other dancers. There is so much love in our community and I am so grateful to be a part of it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment