Tuesday, January 22, 2013

DerbySkinz for pole shorts

Awhile back, I was turned on to DerbySkinz, a brand of roller derby shorts, by my cousin, Heather.  I wanted to buy some to try out on the pole, since it can be hard to find good pole shorts for a curvier body.  Normally, I wear boy cut shorts (underwear) from Target in a 2X to pole class with another set of underwear underneath. 

I ordered two different types of DerbySkinz.  I got the original DerbySkinz (but added five inches to make them high-waisted) in a 2X (color - Shiny Black) and ordered the Cheekeez, cut a little shorter to show off the booty, in a 2X (color - Black Sparkle). 

First off, I love that these shorts go from a extra small to a 3X.  You can also customize them to raise the waist line or make your inseam longer.  And they offer so many colors, it's almost overwhelming.  They also offer styles such as 8Deez (80's style shorts), Ruffle Buttz and Hipsterz (in addition to skirtz, skortz, leggingz and a ton of other accessories). 

They do offer a High Waisted Skinz, but at a price starting at $34.20, I saved money by buying the original DerbySkinz and just adding five inches to raise the waistband, which cost me $27.50 (the shorts start at $20).  The 2X seems true to real life sizes.  My waist is 46-47 inches and my hips are 48-49 inches (lame measurements, I know). 

As for poling with these shorts, I love them.  They are very tight and the two fabrics I chose don't stick to the pole.  I actually love-love-love the high-waisted pair and will probably buy another pair soon.  I do wear the boy short underwear underneath.  I haven't gotten to the point of feeling secure enough to only wear shorts or bikini bottoms.

My only complaint isn't really the shorts' fault.  Thanks to my plastic surgeries, I am prone to the dreaded camel-toe.  I do try hard not to inflict my vagina on my pole-mates, classmates or students, but sometimes it happens.  These shorts are made to be tight, though, so sometimes the "toe" comes out.  For that reason, I will be sticking to the darker colors.  Although, anyone who poles with me has seen it all at one point or another anyway!

If you're looking for some pole shorts, give DerbySkinz a try.  They are very comfortable and cute.  With a base price of only $20, they are certainly reasonable and worth a shot!  I had heard they make shorts for boys, but haven't found the link yet.  If I do, I will let my Twirly Boys know.

As a side note, DerbySkinz are made in the good ol' US-of-A.  As I get older, I truly appreciate that.  Here are some photos of me tracking my pole goals in my original DerbySkinz in Shiny Black (these are the high-waisted pair, which reach to right under my bra line). 






7 comments:

  1. looking gorgeous! I will have to check them out, i love fun coloured shorts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, I freaking love all of their choices!!

      Delete
  2. I have a pole clothes addiction. Must not look at website. :-) Also to help with the er, camel toe situation. Wearing a panty liner might help x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard about these camel-toe blocking things you can get. But they seem weird. Your idea sounds much better!!!

      Delete
  3. As a derby-girl turned pole-dancer, I was THRILLED that for the most part, my wardrobe was completely transferrable between my chosen past-times!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! Any other sites you can recommend for shorts or other clothing??

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Of course, what a great site and informative post. I will bookmark this site. Keep doing your great job and always gain my support. Thank you for sharing this beautiful article.

    Kind Regards,

    James Amparan
    More Info

    ReplyDelete