Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Post 666: The evils of...

...writer's block.  

Today is my 666th post.  So devilish!  I saw this was coming up and have been searching for something evil and interesting to write about, but nothing is really tickling my fancy.  I am currently "enjoying" the crash associated with taking a steroid.  Last night, I dreamed about sleeping.  This morning, I fell asleep on the train. 

So maybe I will give you a recap of some of the goings-on in my life.  (Like you didn't already know everything that has been happening if you're on Facebook with me.)

Chunky Girl Comics

Last weekend, we did another Chunky Girl Comics photoshoot.  Unfortunately, we missed a beautiful sunset at the marina but we went to the Bay Street Mall in Emeryville and ran around taking photos and acting silly.  There was a candy store and as we were cleaning up, "someone said, does that say 40% off Giant Candy?"  Indeed it did.  And more silliness ensued.  

Volare Variety

Kate's burlesque show, Volare Variety, happened the first weekend of January.  You can view the full show HERE.  She is also taking submissions for the next show, which will happen in March!  

Dance Lab

I am back in class at Twirly Girls!  I am taking AJ's Dance Lab class on Saturdays.  I really enjoy AJ's classes.  He definitely pushes my limits physically, which I need, but he understands my limitations and never makes me feel stupid for not being able to do a move.  This class focuses more on contemporary choreography rather than pole, which is exactly what I needed.  I can't say I will ever look as graceful as AJ when I do the moves, but I am enjoying the challenge and hope to absorb some ability to dance!

Eating Healthy

I got a crockpot, so I've been trying different recipes.  I don't want to say I'm on a diet, of course, but I am trying to make the effort to eat more food I make at home.  If you have any amazing recipes, please share them!





Cupcakes

Yeah, I won't be giving them up any time soon.  And I'm okay with that.  I find it makes everyone else more uncomfortable than it makes me.  Fat girls aren't supposed to be allowed to eat cupcakes in public.  Well, I do.  Bite me. 

 

Spring Cleaning

I started spring cleaning over the weekend.  I went through boxes and boxes of old stuff: photos, birthday cards, love letters from high school.  You name it, I apparently kept it.  I had a really good time walking down memory lane (as I threw most of it away)!  Someday when I'm motivated, I need to scan in some of these photos!

Homeless Robert

Most days when I leave work, I pass an older man on the street.  He's begging for money, but he never yells at me, or shakes his cup.  He has bright blue eyes and a smile.  So after passing him for months and months, I finally stopped and asked his name.  His name is Robert!  Now every day I say hello to Robert on my way to BART.  Sometimes we talk about the weather.  He usually makes a comment about my outfit.  He'll ask about work (do I use an electric typewriter, because those manual ones really jump!).  He wonders if I write memoirs when I go home (I guess a blog is like a memoir!).  So more recently, I asked him where he was from.  He essentially told me he "occurred" when the ball park was built.  I pushed him a little on it but he insists that's where he came from.  So I'm assuming Robert was "born" when Pac Bell (now AT&T) Park was built in San Francisco approximately 15-16 years ago.  Last week, I was playing on my phone as I happened upon Robert so I showed it to him.  He asked me if it had a picture box.  I said yes, so I took his photo and showed it to him.  He told me, "I look like Hugh Hefner!"  Indeed you do, Robert!  I adore this guy -- he gives me something to smile about each evening as I am headed home. 

*****

I hope you enjoyed the recap of the first few weeks of my 2014.  I guess this post wasn't all that evil after all.  I have been trying to invite more light into my life lately, so maybe it's a good thing the darkness stayed away!  I hope your 2014 is going well...please feel free to share your fun times in the comments below!


I would call this a pole kiss but its more like floor burn

No comments:

Post a Comment