Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Big changes for the lolorashel show

I know I've made reference to it but this is my official announcement: I NO LONGER COMMUTE TO SAN FRANCISCO TO A JOB I DISLIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On February 10, I officially started a new job at a law firm only two blocks from my house.  Yes, I now get to walk to work.  No, not walk to BART, sit on a train for 40 minutes, then walk to work.  Just walk out my door, and ten minutes later, magically arrive at my destination.

No more BART.  No more anxiety medication.  No more pure mental exhaustion.  No more ulcer pain.  Much diminished foot pain.  Apparently stress does a lot to hurt your body. 

Expect many fewer Facebook rants from now on!  I have been trying to find a squirrel to start beef with but have been unsuccessful so far. 

So I am really excited.  This new job is insanely busy and my day passes quickly.  The people are amazingly helpful (and the real kind of helpful, not the kind where they tell you they don't know even though they've worked there 20 years or give you bad information because they are jerks).  The attorneys are all extremely nice as well.  No screamers or passive aggressiveness!  And my seat mate is going to be one of my new favorite people.  She's really sweet and she answers my questions with no hesitation.  No deep sigh before giving me bad information.  It's like a dream come true.

I'm over the moon. The medium had told me the "other side" was begging me to leave that job but I really am glad I waited for the right opportunity.  No job is perfect.  I get that.  But I just came out of the worst job I've had in the 19 years I've worked in the legal field.  That's saying something!

The next chapter of the lolorashel show begins now!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Excited that you are enjoying your work again! I hope this leads to positive things for your foot injury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! My foot pain is almost completely gone. I still walk plenty but I bet not having that stress is helping a lot! I certainly have days where I've done too much and I'm sore but it's not the same kind of pain. It's hard to explain but I definitely feel better. :-D

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! Nothing worse than spending most of your day in a sucky job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It has been a month and I am SO happy I made the switch. So much less stress (even though its 100 times busier). I love the people I work with and it's awesome that I get to walk to work every day!

      Delete