Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes

The last few years, my eyelashes have gotten super sparse.  I don't know if it's age or years of abusing them by gluing false lashes to my eyeballs and then ripping my own lashes out as I remove them.  I have also been unhappy with mascara.  I used to love some basic drug store brands like Almay but I feel like they changed their formula ten-plus years ago and I haven't really been into it since.  I've used some expensive mascaras and some cheap ones, but none have blown my mind.

I was at Twirly Girls a couple of months ago and I saw a couple of girls putting on some magic mascara.  I thought it was pretty cool but I didn't buy it.  I kept putting on my crappy mascara and kept getting sadder and sadder about the state of my eyelashes.  I have heard people talk about some stuff you put on your lashes to make them grow.  Side effect?  Potential blindness.  No thanks.  I'll stick to my crappy mascara.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I finally messaged Cindy and said I wanted to try her magic mascara.  It is called Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes.  I tried it last week for the first time and I LOVE it!  It takes me less time to apply the fibers (which are just on a mascara brush, so it isn't difficult) than it would false lashes (and only like a minute more than just putting on my own mascara).  Granted, if I wanted a truly crazy, heavy eyelash look, I would still probably use falsh lashes, but for a day-to-day look, or even for going out at night, Moodstruck is perfect for me. 

Since pictures spreak louder than words, you can check out my first couple of attempts using Moodstruck.

regular mascara

right side, no make-up - left side, Moodstruck

Fully finished make-up, although I could have done up the left side more

Fully finished eyes

The process
Cindy was kind enough to set up an online party for me.  The link below is valid for 10 days from today.  Full disclosure:  If you know me, you know I absolutely hate home parties where people beg their friends to buy things.  But I figured if I am going to share my experience with people, and people are interested in buying anyway, maybe I can get some product out of it.  ;-) 

http://twirlygirl.weheartlashes.co

If you end up trying it, let me know by sharing some photos with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment