Friday, July 18, 2014

New Hair, New Me

I started dying my hair when I was probably 14 years old.  My mom is a hair stylist so I was a guinea pig for new coloring methods.  So playing with hair color or styles is not new to me.  But three years ago, I went dark with my hair.  Super dark.  I dyed my hair black once when I was a teenager, but for the most part, I have maintained some level of blonde highlights during my 20+ year hair-dying career. 

Don't get me wrong.  I LOVED the red.  I still love it.  I miss it.  But I LOOOOOVE the blonde too.  I feel like I dyed my hair red right as I entered a very dark period in my life.  After almost three years, I'm ready to come back into the light, so I'm blonde again!  I have been going through the process to lighten my red hair for a few months.  It has been a long process so that I didn't fry my hair right off my head.  But this last appointment, we finally got it!  And then we decided to cut it off!  I love it!  So many people have remarked on it and the feedback has been positive so far.  Bel and Jimmy both mentioned how it looks the way it did when I met them both. 

The last year has brought about a lot of changes for me.  A new job that makes me much happier than my old job.  No commute!  Rob has moved so he can finish getting his post-doctorate hours.  NCPP is becoming a reality (we're a month away!!).  And so I feel like a major hair change was necessary.  I feel better.  Like I recognize myself again.  It's so weird. 

So I enjoyed hanging out with that fun, redheaded stranger but I'm also happy to get back to feeling like myself.  Have you ever made major hair changes?  How does it make you feel?  I feel FABULOUS!! 

March 2010




Photo credit: http://www.liquidpulp.com/

July 2014

2 comments:

  1. I am so used to red head Lori! I guess that just means you're going to have to post tons of pictures with the blonde hair now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, don't you worry, my friend! You know me!! :-D

      Delete