Thursday, January 28, 2016

Twirling Viking Warrior Reboot

As you probably know, if you read my recent post, I am firmly BACK in the pole world, and I could not be more excited about it.  When I do things like pole dance or cosplay and make appearances with Chunky Girl Comics, it's almost like a mask for me.  I can be that confident person that I may not always be in my regular life.  And the more often I do it, the more it trickles into my regular life, making me the person I really do like to be.  Whenever I find something that makes me uncomfortable, I usually know it is something I should make myself do so that I can grow as a person.

I think I knew I would be returning to pole because last October I actually had a photoshoot with Kai in Oakland.  His girlfriend is a pole dancer and he has shot Volare Variety in the past.  Rumor has it, he may be shooting an event for me later this year.  He was a really easy photographer to work with and I love how my photos turned out.  Since I really don't do a ton of advanced moves, I often am not sure if photoshoots are worth it for me.  This one was really awesome.  He was very kind and patient with me.  This shoot was literally days after my boss killed himself so it was a really difficult time, but I am so glad I didn't cancel.

I think part of what drove me to get back to pole was my ambassadorship with Artista Active Wear.  I am wearing the monokini in these photos.  I also post tons of pics in my Artista outfits on Instagram (user name: lolorashel).  I love that they carry larger sizes and they have been amazingly easy and fun to work with.  It is currently my plan to represent Artista and work the booth at Pole Expo in Vegas later this year.  Use code ABALM10 at checkout for 10% off when you order anything at Artista!  Then tag me on instagram so I can see your awesome outfits!

December 2, 2015 was my sixth anniversary as a Twirly Girl.  My sixth bloggerversary is actually this weekend.  For six years, I have been oversharing on this blog and all of you amazing people have been reading it and supporting me.  Writing is always so cathartic and I really appreciate each of you for all of your love and support.  I get tons of private messages from people who understand where I am coming from, and it helps to know that none of us are alone in this world.

Class last night at Twirly Girls was a lot of fun.  I may, in fact, be learning a group routine to perform at Lovely Rita in April.  It is going to be a difficult one for me.  Simple but sexy.  Tons of floor work.  I just need to get light on my feet so I can slide through some of these moves.  That will be my focus.  I have four months, though, so I can do this!

Here's a clip from our free dance last night:

Clip from tonight
Posted by Confessions of a Twirly Girl on Tuesday, January 26, 2016


Thank you again for welcoming me back with open arms.  I look forward to rebooting the Twirling Viking Warrior and continuing my pole journey with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment