Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Chunky Girls and Twirl for a Cause

Last week, three of the ladies of the Chunky Girl Comics & Universe made an appearance at Cowboy Wild's Twirl for a Cause fundraiser supporting AIDS/LifeCycle.  The resulting drag performance was...interesting.  It consisted mostly of me forgetting the words, taking a whipped cream shot to the face, and accidentally dropping a whole pizza on the floor.  Marisa and Vicodonia were awesome, though!  Check out the video below and donate to Robert's ride if you can!

I really enjoy being part of the Chunky Girl message that size doesn't matter and you can be sexy no matter what you weigh.  I probably wear less clothing now at 240 pounds than I did at 180.  I am like everyone else, though, in that I have good and bad days in relation to how I look.  Some days I wake up loving myself, and some days I don't.  I imagine most people are like this -- that has nothing to do with size.  It doesn't mean that I don't appreciate this body for everything it does for me.  And, mentally, I feel so much better now that I don't feel like I'm battling my body every day.  I accept myself for what I am -- including the rolls, stretch marks, and cellulite on my thighs (ok, the cellulite can seriously eat a dick, but I'm trying to learn how to deal -- I had less cellulite 12 years ago at 350 pounds than I do now).

The Chunky Girls are also trying to raise money to bring their message about body positivity to Wizard World in Las Vegas in March.  If you are able to help, please visit THIS link.

Anyway, enjoy our video and photos and feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts about the Chunky Girls!












2 comments:

  1. I loved your performance--it was hilarious and so much fun! I love the Chunky Girls message! <3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being part of our performance!!

      Delete