Thursday, April 7, 2016

Out of the Darkness Walk

Yesterday was the six month "anniversary" of my boss committing suicide. I wrote about this heartbreak in December. You can read that post here: http://lolorashel.blogspot.com/2015/12/out-of-darkness.html

The funny thing about tragedy is that the world doesn't wait for you to get better. So you have to heal on the fly. I feel like I have learned a lot about myself during this process. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, so I am scheduling those adventures today. I am meeting new people and enjoying my life. My life is about half over. I don't want to feel like a single day has been wasted. It is sad to say that my boss dying really kind of kicked me into gear and made me start thinking about what I want out of life. And I want this. All of it. I want to be a great aunt and friend. A thoughtful lover. A hard-working employee. I want to pole dance and walk on the beach. I want to be out in nature and enjoy the sun on my face. I want to do yoga and go hiking. I want to travel. I want to eat good food. I may even want to climb Half Dome again (and I swore once was enough). I want to inspire people to love themselves and not wait to go on those adventures. For those of you who struggle with this, you will understand...life does not start five pounds from now.

Today I signed up to lead a team for the Out of the Darkness Walk in October. If you would like to donate or join my team, please visit my fundraising page: http://afsp.donordrive.com/participant/LoriMyers 

I appreciate all of the stories that have been shared with my privately. If you would like to share anything publicly, please feel free to comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment