Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Twirl for a Cause: Out of the Darkness

Last year, my boss took his own life.  It completely turned my life upside down.  Sometimes at work, we still look around and wonder what happened and what could have been done to prevent such a tragedy.  This year, I decided to join the Out of the Darkness Walk.  I walk to honor the memory of my boss, Mark, and also to honor the memory of my Auntie Lori, who ended her life in 2009.

Club 1220 in Walnut Creek generously hosts two pole fundraising events each year.  In February, Robert has an event for AIDS/LifeCycle.  I was very honored when Robert recently offered to hold a fundraiser for the Out of the Darkness Walk in September.

The event will be held Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 6 PM at Club 1220 in Walnut Creek.  There is a $6 cover charge, which will be donated to the walk.  (You can donate directly to my walk HERE.)  Also, for this event, we will allow tipping of dancers and the dancers have the option of donating their tips to the cause as well.

We are currently looking for raffle and auction prizes.  If you have any items, from gift baskets to gift certificates, please let me know.  I will collect them and give you a shout out for your generous donation.  

It sounds like we already have 15 performers lined up for the event.  I have asked that, if they feel comfortable, they share why the song they chose inspires them.  And if you so feel inclined, I hope you will share what inspires you in the comments below.

I hope you can join us in September for this event.  And don't forget, if you or your company has any items you would like to donate, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment