Thursday, July 21, 2016

Bringing Sexy Back 2016

Every July, United Pole Artists hosts Bringing Sexy Back Week (well, two sexy weeks).  Last year, I did not participate.  This year, I decided it was time to join the party again. 
 
I am always hesitant to join large scale pole events like this because I am not the strongest poler, nor am I a super sexy mover.  What will make my video stand out amongst the thousands of videos that will share the same hashtag?  I have a fairly analytical mind, and being artsy is a process that I don't really like to share.  I feel extremely vulnerable putting my movement out there for others to judge.  I feel like I can often copy certain moves, and even make them look fairly good (hello, Closer routine!), but I don't always feel right on the inside when I do them -- mostly because I feel silly.  I haven't felt comfortable free dancing since before my foot surgery in 2013.  So, deciding to do this dance in particular was a hard decision.  That being said, I'm actually pretty happy with the result.  It was raw and emotional.  No, I'm not sexy like a lot of the other girls, but I felt sexy in this moment.  It was a very real experience and I am happy it was captured on film. 
 
So, enjoy my contribution to UPA's Bringing Sexy Back 2016. 



Thank you to Stephanie Otto for these awesome photos

No comments:

Post a Comment