Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Power of Pole: Meet Mel!

Our circle of pole sisters widens.  Here is another amazing person from Pole Dancers United.  This is Mel!  

How long have you been pole dancing?
A little over a year.

What first drew you to try it?
I wanted something that used/increased flexibility, but also got the heart-rate going!

Where do you take classes?
Studio: Pol-Arise Dance Fitness. Castle Hill, Sydney, NSW, Australia. :P

Do you have a pole at home?
Yes! I find it much better for my progression, I have more time to really hone in on a move- and it's great as some nights I may not be 'feeling it' at class for various reasons. With a pole at home, I can get into a better mindset and 'rock it'.

How often do you pole?
3 times a week (typically). One class, then two days at home.

What else do you do to keep your body in shape to pole?
I stretch 4-5 times a week for around 50mins, I also do 30 push-ups, 36 lunges (per leg), 45 leg lifts, 1min/1 min 30 sec plank, En tendu? (Ballet move thing) for my arches in my feet as I'm rather flat footed. The stretches and exercises are done in the same session, I warm up and cool down with the exercises and stretch in between. I'm working on getting back into 30min walks 3-4 times a week, also.

Do you like to dance in shoes or barefoot?
Barefoot!

How do you deal with dry skin on pole days and on off-pole days?
I moisturise daily- I'm a big fan of having healthy skin. On pole days, I obviously moisturise AFTER poling. I drink a bit of water, 1.5 to 2L a day usually. I use gloves and iTac and Dryhands, as I tend to always have sweaty palms. *Sigh*


What is your favorite product to help you stick to the pole?
Itac and Dry hands. (Only just started trying out Dry hands, but I'm loving it thus far)!

Where do you buy your pole clothes?
Anywhere. I'm rather broke at the moment.. Two of my favourite pairs of shorts are actually pyjama shorts, that I got for $10 each off a brands clearance website, but they're a perfect short length, very comfortable, and don't really look like pyjama's. As for tops, I just roll up whatever singlet I wear to class, or pole in a sports bra at home. Nothing fancy.

What is your favorite song to dance to right now?
M83- Midnight City.

How do you feel like pole has improved or changed your life?

I'm more confident, I've really improved my flexibility, I have goals and challenges (positive) to achieve and conquer. I have a passion/hobby that I can share and be proud of.



No comments:

Post a Comment