Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Bringing Sexy Back!

Directly on the heels of my Chinese Pole post (and hopefully no one thinks I am disrespecting it), I am going to post about Bringing Sexy Back.  There HAS been a push to take "the sexy" out of pole and focus on strength-based tricks in order to get pole into the Olympics.  That is okay for that crowd.  It doesn't make it wrong for those who still want to dance sexy!

United Pole Artists has declared the week of July 9-16, 2012 Bringing Sexy Back Week (Read Annemarie's blog HERE)!  That's  next week so I didn't want to wait to post this.  They are challenging pole dancers to post videos to YouTube with "Bringing Sexy Back" in the title to show support for those who do love the sexy part of pole dancing.

If you need an example, Alethea Austin embodies what it means to be a sexy, hot, strong pole dancer:



I get that not everyone wants to be sexy in pole dance.  I get that not everyone CAN be sexy in pole dance.  But I do value that side of pole dancing.  So, if you are ready to bring the sexy, post your videos to YouTube and share the links in the comments section below!

8 comments:

  1. Are you going to do one? (I'm subscribed to you on YouTube, so I guess I'll find out!) If this were a couple months later I would, but alas my pole won't be here 'till next week and I'm not supposed to use my wrists for another 4-8 weeks. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try. lol. I will be in the studio Sunday and Monday and will see what I get. I don't pull off sexy so well. You know, I've seen Alethea perform injured twice. Both times she did some pretty hot chair dances! I bet you could do that!!

      Delete
    2. YAY! I bet you do pull off sexy when you're just yourself. You know, I've seen her do that too... For the last 4 weeks I've been doing a lot of floor work in class since I can keep my wrists braced. Do you think floor/chair/wall would count in a "pole video" challenge? I'm traveling this week but home next weekend. Man, now you've got me thinking seriously about it! I've never video'd myself before and am terrified but I guess I knew the day would come eventually.

      Delete
    3. It counts!! And here's my attempt: http://youtu.be/RFleKLux4GQ

      Delete
  2. Amazing - I am not a pole dancer and likely never will be (though I was tempted to try it years ago) - but I loved that video, and I agree, that was very sexy. If I had the body and the ability, I would love to do that, mostly because of how great I imagine it must feel. Yes, I'm sure my hubby would find it hot to watch for sure! LOL But I'd be more interested in how fabulous it would make me feel to be able to DO that, even with no one watching. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for watching. I bet you could do it! Just try one class!! :-)))

      Delete
  3. Here's my video: http://youtu.be/RFleKLux4GQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading. sexy babes clips

    ReplyDelete