Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Josiah "Bad Azz" Grant and Twirly Girls

Last week, Twirly Girls had a visitor!  Josiah "Bad Azz" Grant came to town for some workshops and a pole jam.

I first met Joey at Pole Show LA in 2012.  He is such a sweet soul.  I have had the pleasure of running into him many times since then.  He came to visit Twirly Girls earlier this year, but BART was on strike, and my two-and-a-half hour commute didn't allow me to make it to his workshop.

Unfortunately this trip, I wasn't able to make a workshop but I did come to the pole jam, which kind of turned into a workshop!  He was showing everyone strength-building exercises and some cool moves.  He has these liquid hips that I certainly can't compete with.  I put some videos up on Facebook, which I realize won't do you all any good here.  I'll see if I can figure out a good way to link them.  

I did ask him to "choreograph" my routine for Robert's show on Saturday...which he kindly did...to a song he'd never heard before.  It was pretty impressive.  I'll have to post his video next to mine so you can see how well I pegged the choreo.  lol!  Sorry, I hate using lol in a blog but once you see it, you will lol as well!

If you ever get a chance to take a workshop with Joey, you should definitely do it! Here are some photos from the pole jam and one of the workshops:




1 comment: