Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Kinetic Arts Center's I Hate The Holidays Cabaret

Last Saturday, I went to Kinetic Arts Center in Oakland to watch one of my favorite people compete in the I Hate The Holidays Cabaret.  I purchased my VIP ticket so I could be guaranteed awesome seating.  Rita and I even arrived super early to be at the front of the line.  We took photos when we arrived, using the props to create our very own hateful holiday scene.  I joked with the ladies who worked there that I already knew who I was voting for.  Many acts walked around, interacting with the crowd, and setting us up for their upcoming performances.  It was really cute and fun and we had lots of laughs before the curtain had even been opened. 

Then the show began.  Mind.  Blown.

Seriously, every single performance was great.  I couldn't say one bad thing about any of them.  The kids were especially PHENOMENAL.  I almost felt guilty voting for my Sean Michael.  The hosts were so funny and kept the show moving, which can be difficult when you have different aerial acts using different apparatuses.  I really don't know how to describe it.  Luckily, I took video!  You should watch.  Literally every single act.  You won't be disappointed! 

I want to congratulate Sean Michael, who went on to win the competition on Sunday night!  I'm so sorry I couldn't come watch!  You are amazing, though, and deserved it!!!  So much love for this boy!!



Did I win?  Did I win???

If I won, this would be my "OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST WON" face!
The Sugar Plum Fairy himself
Twirly family
The most amazing family...I love them and I hope this is their Christmas card

I die

2 comments:

  1. We went and saw the finals on Sunday where Seanmichael won! What an amazing night and so much talented performers! The best part was everyone was so supportive of each other and the love was there...Everyone was a winner! What a great place for kids to learn to grow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be back again! And I will bring more friends. Great write up Lori

    ReplyDelete