Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fluidity

Have you ever met a 200 pound ballerina?

http://lolorashel.blogspot.com/2011/02/poleskivvies-strikes-again.html

Watch this video:




Something I've become very aware of in the last year is fluidity...how my entire dance flows.  How my head, face, arms, hands, legs and feet look.  Pointed toes:  very important.  Pained look on face:  not good.  I don't have any kind of dance background.  Pole dancing is really my first dance class as far as I can remember (I am pretty sure I didn't take ballet or anything as a kid). 

Although I enjoy my own brand of pole dancing...the raunchy, loud music and over-exaggerated moves...I also love the pretty, fluid ballet moves.  I tried to incorporate more of those in my routine for the Lovely Rita fundraiser and dance recital this year.  I think my "selling point" will always be the power moves, confirming my Twirling Viking Warrior nickname -- the handstand was the center piece of my Rita routine.  But the soft and pretty moves are slowly working themselves in.  I wear dance paws so I can slide around on the floor more easily and am always trying to spin around without taking out any spectators. 

As always, I am a work in progress, but I am definitely trying to make a conscious effort to be less of a hippo on the pole.  

No comments:

Post a Comment