Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My second month of aerial silks...

If you haven't heard about my aerial silks adventures, start HERE.

We just finished our second month of aerial silks.  Although I feel a bit stronger, I am still having a hard time because I can't lift myself up and it hurts to put so much pressure on such tiny parts of your body (like doing a foot lock on your foot).  Although I was a bit frustrated with my progress (or lack thereof), Sarah was always so positive and encouraging.  After Bel asked me about teaching the burlesque class, I decided I would take a break from silks.  If I am going to start coming in a couple of extra days each week to learn how to teach, then I don't want to continue getting home so late on Wednesdays.  On Wednesdays, I've been doing pole from 6 to 7:30, then silks from 7:30 to 8:45.  After chatting with people, I don't get out of there until 9 or later, then am not home until close to 10.  I have to go straight to bed to get up for pilates reformer on Thursday mornings.  I also pole Saturday mornings.  And the new plan is to come to the studio on Mondays and Tuesdays to train.  Plus, with Twirly Tuff starting, we'll be doing that Tuesdays and Saturdays.  Lots and lots of Twirly Girls time!  I haven't given up the aerial silks dream...but I do want to lose some weight and gain a little more strength before I start again.  I need to be able to invert on the pole comfortably first.  I want to thank Sarah for being a great teacher!  I will miss class and am looking forward to when I'll be ready to start again!


2 comments:

  1. Have you started back yet? Would love an update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't. I've been teaching and got super busy. I saw AERA perform last week and it made me want to start back in...but I am still probably going to have to wait at least a couple more months.

      Delete