Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Today's spotlight is on Valentina of Pole Dance Italy!

I first noticed Pole Dance Italy on Twitter.  They were picking up pole dancing mentions and making a cute little e-newspaper out of them!  I loved the idea.  That's how I met Valentina.  She is a pole dancer from Milan, Italy, who also loves bringing the pole community together!  

*****

What interested you about pole dancing?
The first time I saw a pole dancing video I was impressed about this sport that mix strengthens, grace and dance. I immediately thought I wanna try it, I think is the right sport for me!
What is your fitness background?
I did different sports when I was a child: swimming, ice skating, volleyball, but any gymnastic or dance or ballet.
What is your fitness routine (on and off the pole)?
When I train at home I usually have a short warm up of 15 minutes. It includes squat, push-up, abs and some stretching. In this way I have enough power to train on the pole for about 45 minutes and then stretching again. But I understand that I need to diversify the training and focus on grow the strength, especially of my upper body. I will add some circuit training to my training hopeful to have power to train on the pole.
I think is also important to create small combo or a short choreography in order to grow in resistance.
What kind of diet do you follow?
That’s a big issue for me. I usually do not follow any diet but I understand how important is to follow a diet that give you the right energy for your muscles and mind.
Do you have a dance background?
Unfortunately not. I think dance background is not essential for pole dancing but if you haven’t a dance background you need to work on grace and rhythm as well as on your body with stretching strength leg and “point your toes” style.
Do you compete (pole fitness or any other kind of fitness competitions)?
Not yet. I don’t feel ready for a competition in terms of training and strength. But I think about it.
Do you have a preference? "pole fitness" or "pole dancing"
I feel more pole fitness. Mostly because I don’t have dance background and I don’t feel comfortable with dance, but I am working on this side too thanks to dancing course at my Pole Dancing School.
What do you think about the stripper vs. fitness debate?
I think we are talking about two different things. It doesn’t mean that if a stripper use a pole, all the pole dancers are stripper and vice versa. Pole Dancing is a sport a strong one, that mix many gymnastic activities and I think is become so famous because is open to adults too. In Italy there are almost no courses of gymnastic for adults and some circus courses. Of course the element of dance with a pole and the possibility to get in shape easily make feel woman more sexy and attractive.
What is your favorite product to help you stick to the pole?
I usually make use of Dry Hands, but I couldn’t say is my favorite. I would like to try something else, especially something different within the different seasons.
Do you like to dance in heels or barefoot?
Definitely heels! They make you feel so sensual, and you also seems higher.
What did you do before opening your pole studio?
I don’t have my own studio, I train at Milan Pole Dance Studio in Milan.
 
 
What is your favorite thing about dancing on the pole?
You get on shape quickly and you work with your muscle and test yourself everyday.
And biggest thing you can work on very precise objective to reach.
What is your favorite song to dance to (at this moment)?
At this moment I love training with the System of a Down, the soft songs as Roulette and JC Jess a rock group from France. They give me the right energy to train.
What else would you like people to know about you or your studio?
I created Pole Dance Italy to share news about Pole Dance world in Italian. Any experience is very welcomed, and I will be happy to share it on our facebook page and on the blog.
Thank very much to Lory for this opportunity and I am really happy to get in touch with such a lovely person :-)

*****
If you'd like to connect with Valentina and Pole Dance Italy, you can do so here:


CIAO! 

No comments:

Post a Comment