Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Pole Motion features a Twirly Girl!

Check it out!!!

http://www.polemotion.com/blogs/news/4176202-lori-myers-pole-dancing-blogger-and-enthusiast


Lori Myers - Pole dancing blogger and enthusiast

Posted by Matt McNeill on September 28, 2011 0 Comments
We love to meet other pole dancers be they students, teachers, performers or enthusiasts. Here we talk to Californian pole dancing blogger Lori Myers proving the passion for pole can bring people together even if they are on opposite sides of the world. We're glad to have connected with her.


1. How and why did you first get interested in pole dancing?
I first heard some girls from S Factor San Francisco on the radio five or more years ago.  I took their intro class and loved it but it was an almost two hour drive each direction, so I couldn't justify going once a week.  Two years ago, a friend got an e-mail that Twirly Girls Pole Fitness was opening up in Pleasanton, California.  I took the taster class and have been there ever since!

2. What was your first lesson like? How did you feel?
My first lesson at S Factor was a lot of hard work.  They do a lot of core work.  We did a very simple spin on the pole and it was fun.  But when I signed up for my first class at Twirly Girls, we spent a lot more time on the pole and I LOVED it.  It was so freeing.  I felt so silly, yet I was having so much fun.  I was uncomfortable with acting sexy, yet completely enthralled with forcing myself outside of my comfort zone. 

3. What is it about pole dancing that you enjoy the most?
I mostly enjoy my instructors and fellow students.  Everyone is so supportive.  We are at all different levels and abilities, yet they will cheer you on for a basic spin or an invert. 

4. What are the main fitness benefits of pole dancing? what benefits have you noticed?
You need a strong core.  I have spent too much time eating and not working on my core so I'm behind where I should be at this point.  I am rectifying that situation now by adding pilates reformer classes and aerial silks.  I would not consider myself the "normal" pole dancer.  I am 6 feet tall and over 200 pounds (90kg), so I have a lot of work to do before I will be able to master the moves I really want to do.  I have noticed I have abnormally rock-hard forearms.  That's kind of weird. 

5. What are your 3 favourite pole moves?
I imagine some of our descriptions might be different but I love butterfly (not inverted), plus I love doing handstands.  Also, Natasha Wang did a very cool "toe slide" on TV during a performance and I am practicing that right now. 

6. Do you have a pole at home? If not would you like one?
I do have one.  I took it down because we had some construction that needed to be done.  I need to get it back up because that's when I lost so much of my strength!

7. Would you recommend pole dancing?
Absolutely!  Even my very religious mom tried it once to support me.  She was amazed at how sore she was.  I know some people get too caught up in the "stripper history" - which isn't an issue for me anyway – but you cannot deny the athleticism required to be a pole dancer!

Check out Lori's blog here http://lolorashel.blogspot.com/

*****
I am posting a blog about Pole Motion today!

No comments:

Post a Comment