Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Men on the Pole: Bob Zamora

Another Man on the Pole!  Meet fellow-blogger and pole brother, Bob!

"Men on the Pole" has become a popular subject. How did you get interested in pole dancing?

A female friend of mine started taking pole classes from Lori Huett at TranZenDance LTD in Denver, CO and she was totally loving it. She mentioned that Lori had worked with men and I thought it sounded like a lot of fun.

What is your fitness background?

I have played ice hockey since I was 13 and I'm still playing. I’m also a Master Level Certified USA hockey coach. I’ve coach all levels from Beginner to High School. Ice hockey is in my blood.

 What is your fitness routine (on and off the pole)?

I take two classical ballet dance classes a week, one pole class with Lori Huett a week and just lately I’ve been working with Estee Zakar twice a month. During the summer months I drop one ballet class and play ice hockey on Wednesday nights. I used to weight train but pole pretty much replaced that part of my workout.

What kind of diet do you follow?

Pretty strict low-carb. Type-2 diabetes is huge in my family tree. My major weaknesses are Starbucks and red wine.

How do you describe your pole style?

My style is a combination of the pole moves we all know and love blended with classical ballet. My style has been heavily influenced by Amber Richard and Elena Gibson. I’m totally into the artistic side of the dance.

Which competition(s) do you like to do? Do you have any title(s)?

I have never been to a competition. I never really considered it. 

Where do you train? Do you have your own pole studio? Do you have a pole at home? 

The majority of my pole dance training is with Lori Huett at TranZenDance studio. I have two Platinum Stages brass poles at home. One is 50 mm and one is 45 mm. My Christmas present this year was the 45.

What is your favorite product to help you stick to the pole?

Dry-Hands has always been my favorite.

What is your favorite song to dance to (at this moment)?

Any Other Name by Thomas Newman from the American Beauty movie soundtrack.

Do you have any other upcoming events/competitions you'd like people to know about?

I’ll be dancing in the May 2012 TranZenDance Studio open house.

What else would you like people to know about you and/or your studio?


I never danced before I took my first pole class. I’m nearing the end of a 30-year career as a research meteorologist and had never been in touch with the artistic side of my brain. Lori Huett brought dance in to my world and I will be ever grateful that she has made a place in her studio for men.

*****

Please follow Bob's pole dancing adventures on his blog:  http://manwhopoledances.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment