Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Power of Pole: Veruca Blue!

Another pole sister and member of Pole Dancers Unite, this is "Veruca Blue!"

How long have you been pole dancing?

Off and on since 2005. 

What first drew you to try it?

My friend started taking class and bought a pole for her house. She then made my husband install it for her - I got instantly jealous a POLE in her house!!! I decided I had to get one but my husband said "Honey why don't you take lessons first" He surprised me with lessons for Christmas and I was hooked!

Where do you take classes?

Well I used to take at S Factor for years, then started bopping around town - Crunch, Bespun, Evolve...but I just recently opened an aerial studio that has pole classes so I will be taking my studios classes now :)

Do you have a pole at home?

I have two poles and an aerial hammock at home and a studio with 5 poles, 12 hammocks, a lyra and silks - I have NO excuses!
How often do you pole?

Not nearly often enough, lately I have been more of a hammock girl but I am working on getting back into my pole "swing"

What else do you do to keep your body in shape to pole?

Pilates Reformer and Aerial Yoga. I am also starting Lyra classes.

Do you like to dance in shoes or barefoot?

I love shoes. Thigh high boots are my "shoe" of choice. I am a shoe hoarder!

How do you deal with dry skin on pole days and on off-pole days?

Off pole days I am a slave to lotion. Pole days - I turn down the lights and hope I don't look too ashy. If I am too dry I will use a bit of Itac2 - level 4 on my body to make it stick a bit better. If I am too dry I slide right off.

What is your favorite product to help you stick to the pole?

Itac2 - level 4 on body and dry hands for my evil sweaty palms!

Where do you buy your pole clothes?

Lately I have been loving www.Etsy.com . You can find some great stuff and lots of the vendors will custom fit them to you. I also love Shakti Activewear (yoga stuff), Dancewear Solutions as well as American Apparel. 

 What is your favorite song to dance to right now?

My two favorite songs are The Road by Hednoize and Change by The Deftones

How do you feel like pole has improved or changed your life?

Pole has done so much to improve my life. I have a renewed sense of confidence in my everyday life as well as what my body at 43 years old can and cannot do. My health has improved and it has opened up other avenues of excercise that I probably never would have gotten into. I did gymnastics for years when I was younger - I really missed that in my adult life. This is the next best thing! I feel like a kid again when I am swinging around - for me it's really about the fun factor!

*****
Please visit Veruca's studio in Hollywood: 
I am planning to check it out in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment