Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Celebrating Black History Month and Pole Dancing with Kelly Yvonne

Kelly's story:  I heard about pole dancing classes one year before I actually started training. Like a perfect storm, three conditions in my life served as the catalyst for me finally stepping into a class: 1) my relationship at the time was quickly unraveling, 2) I had gained about 30 pounds and out of shape and 3) I was a "retired" dancer, but secretly REALLY wanted to be on stage again.

In the Fall of 2009, I attended a student recital at Xpolesitions and it was the first time I'd been inspired in months. In the weeks following the recital, I was taking classes at three different pole studios. Three months later, I launched Girl Next Door, a pole dance soirée!

No comments:

Post a Comment