Pages

Friday, September 2, 2016

NCPP 2016 Wrap-Up

The third annual Northern California Pole Presentational is in the books.  We did it!

In year one, we worried.  We planned but we worried.  Would everyone want to participate in another pole event?  Turns out, we had nothing to worry about. 

In year two, we knew we were fine.  This wasn't our first rodeo.  We knew what to expect, and we had another amazing year.  I even got to watch a good portion of the show!

Year three finally provided us with a challenge.  It wasn't anything we couldn't handle.  Shirts bearing our awesome brand new logo came in two days before show time with damage.  Damn.  No problem -- discounted shirts for everyone!  New staff at the venue (who did a great job but sometimes when I'm stressed out, I forget people can't read my mind).  A checkerboard floor at the venue only the day before the show -- very cool if you planned your outfit around it, but not if you were wearing black and white yourself.  Parking issues.  Injuries.  But we did it.  A fantastic year and another group of awesome pole dancers successfully crossing our stage!

Ellen and I were discussing how we both really have no idea what the other person does.  We literally could not run this show without the other person.  We have a very easy working relationship.  We rarely disagree and it makes me extremely happy to have someone I can depend on working on this show with me. 

I don't have much to say other than thank you.  Thank you to the dancers, who make this event possible.  There would be no reason to do this if you were not hungry for an event such as ours.  THANK YOU to Chobi!  Seriously!  He travels from Los Angeles and rigs our poles to keep our dancers safe.  He keeps an eye on everyone during the event.  He has a sharp eye, will not hesitate to act as security when necessary, and offers hugs when he knows they are needed.  We could not do this without Chobi.  Thank you to our vendors who come out to support us and haul their wares to sell.  Thank you to our sponsors for supporting us and keeping this show affordable for their students.  Thank you to our volunteers for helping us out all day.  Thank you to Robert for always letting us borrow his stage poles for the warm-up area -- and for basically being our assistant all day last Saturday.  Thank you to Janet and Ginger for keeping the backstage in order and our dancers in line.  Thank you to Kai, Miles and Tiffers for standing in the back of the theater for the entire day taking photos and video.  Thank you to our lovely judges, who travel and give up their day to give feedback to our performers.  Thank you to Amy Bond for trusting me with her idea and letting me run with it.  Thank you to Rita for always helping with our interwebs questions.  Thank you to our audience for supporting local arts.  Thank you to Jonathan, our stage and sound person from the venue, who did that event on two hours of sleep.  Also, thank you to everyone who came out and celebrated my birthday after the event.  As I suspected might happen, after waking up at 4:30 AM and being on my feet all day, the party didn't get all that wild.  We ate dinner at a jazz bar, which had children present, so no lap dances were in the cards that evening.  I was also ready for bed at 8:30 PM.  Sometimes, it is the thought that counts, and I do hope downtown San Jose enjoyed the ass signing that I received in the middle of the sidewalk.  Finally, thank you to my pole mama, Bel, for introducing me to this beautiful world.  Unfortunately, I am sure I have forgotten someone (which is generally why I hate mass thank-you's, but please know that I appreciate everyone who touched this show). 

I am looking forward to year four, and I hope you are too!  (P.S.  If you missed out on one of the new shirts and you would like one, please send me a message.  We can ship!)

No comments:

Post a Comment