Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Power of Pole for ME!

I subject everyone else to my questions so I thought I would answer them too.  :-)
 
How long have you been pole dancing?

I just passed the two year mark at Twirly Girls!  I first tried a class at S Factor about three years ago but the distance was too far to travel on a weekly basis so I didn't start dancing on a regular basis until I found Twirly Girls in December 2009.

What first drew you to try it?

My first introduction to pole dancing for fitness was when OC Pole Fitness friended me on MYSPACE maybe four or five years ago (I canceled my MySpace account at least two years ago, and I was on there for awhile so I'm guessing it was over four years ago).  I was intrigued but they were in Southern California (and I'm in Northern California), so I couldn't try it out.  I then heard some girls from S Factor on the radio in San Francisco and decided it was something I wanted to try.

Where do you take classes?

Twirly Girls Pole Fitness in Pleasanton, California. 

Do you have a pole at home?

I do although I don't have it up right now.  It's in my front room and sometimes it gets too crowded.  :-/

How often do you pole?

Currently, I am training to teach so I'm scheduled to be at the studio four days a week!

What else do you do to keep your body in shape to pole?

I'm using pilates reformer to work on strengthening my core.  I am also doing the Twirly Tuff conditioning program twice a week.  I need a little more cardio and should get a jog in there at least once a week but I'm lazy.  I also try to hit yoga at least twice a week.

Do you like to dance in shoes or barefoot?

I have shoe envy.  I love how shoes look but I can't walk in them very well so I look more natural when I dance barefoot. 

How do you deal with dry skin on pole days and on off-pole days?

Many dancers have suggested a couple of the Vaseline lotions (I use Vaseline Total Moisture as suggested by Natasha Wang).  I have psoriasis on my elbows (its an autoimmune disease that causes skin to grow faster than normal in certain places, which leaves ugly dead skin).  Skipping lotion on pole days just bums me out because then I feel all scaly and nasty.  If I am putting lotion on in the morning and not poling until night time, I will put a tiny bit of the Vaseline lotion on my elbows.  I will also put face lotion on but won't put lotion on any other part of my body.  If I am poling in the morning, I just go without and suffer.  My dry skin issue is the reason I ask everyone this question.  :-)

What is your favorite product to help you stick to the pole?

I use Mighty Grip on occasion but usually try to just stick myself to the pole.  I often use Dr. Bronner's soap in the shower to kind of give my skin a little stick without anything else.

Where do you buy your pole clothes?

I have a pair of Pole Skivvies shorts.  I also have some Capezio dance shorts.  For the most part, I just wear my Twirly Girls shirts and regular old sports bras.

What is your favorite song to dance to right now?

No favorite right now.  I'm feeling a little discouraged because I felt like in December I was dancing so much better than I am in January.  So when I'm in one of "those" moods, I have no favorite songs.  :-)

How do you feel like pole has improved or changed your life?

Bel and Twiry Girls have completely changed my life.  Even though my weight is higher than I'd like it to be, I can't imagine how much higher it would be if I didn't have pole in my life.  I can't wait for Twirly Tuff to transform me so I can unveil the BODY THAT POLE BUILT.  So many doors are being opened for me right now.  It's a little surreal.  I am very excited about the opportunities being presented to me through pole dancing and writing this blog.  My blog is very close to 50,000 views.  Thank you to every single person who has taken the time to read my posts.  Pole Dancers Unite!  You all rock my socks off!

 Three months into pole dancing (Approx. January 2010)
Two years into pole dancing (Approx. September 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment